We are a team of highly-skilled professionals with a broad range of experience and expertise. Each of us specialized in a different field, we come together to form a strong, constantly evolving team. Above all, we collaborate and complement each other’s strengths to deliver outstanding results. Let us introduce ourselves.
Join our team
Linux System Administrator
Ref. Code: LSA0419
Pylones Hellas SA, a leading Greek IT System Integrator, member of a group of companies with continuous and successful presence in Greek market for more than the last 20 years, is looking for highly motivated professional to cover the position of linux system administrator.
The position is reporting to the Technical Manager.
- System installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance analysis, tuning, upgrading, patch maintenance, license management, system backup administration, account/environment administration user, implementing and maintaining system security postures, and assisting with hardware/software installations. Produce/Maintain accurate, detailed, hardware and software inventories of both physical and virtual machines/environments.
- Setup and maintain core Linux services
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
- Build and maintain container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) based on open source technologies
- Design and implement required failover mechanisms within the Docker/Kubernetes ecosystems
- Write automated (Python/Bash/Ansible) programs for installing applications, libraries, and services on Linux systems (CentOS, RHEL, etc)
- Work with API interfaces and data formats such as REST and JSON
- Share information with other team members
- At least 5 years of experience in Linux System Administration or relevant roles
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Broad experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred) (to include automated OS installation, software compilation, package management, virtualization, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling)
- Broad experience supporting and maintaining common Linux/Unix applications and services (Bind, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, etc), as well as a deep understanding of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, AutoFS, Kerberos, PAM, PXE, SNMP, SSH, VNC, X11, HTTP/S, and NTP
- Experience with the fundamentals of Linux and DevOps scripting languages (BASH, PERL, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with the fundamentals of Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Linux Containers and Docker
- Experience with virtualization technologies and various hypervisors, e.g., VMWare, KVM, XEN, or AZURE.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS or other Windows core services.
- Experience with network security and architecture principles
- Desired active certifications in Linux+(CompTIA), Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English & Greek)
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work as a team member
- Attractive compensation package
- Life insurance program
- Constant training in vendors’ products and technologies
- Opportunity to cooperate in big projects from major Greek and International customers
- Opportunity to work with an experienced team
Candidates who meet the above requirements may forward their CV quoting the reference
code LSA0419 in email@example.com.